“Legal Manufacturing, LLC represents the fusion of technologically advanced manufacturing with the passionate artistry of master craftsmen.”
NIB ONE® (formerly Diamonite) is Legal Manufacturing, LLC’s trade name for a proprietary electroless NIB nickel-boron plating system that is comprised of boron, nickel, and other metals to produce a very hard, wear resistant surface with a low coefficient of friction. Secoa Technology originally licensed NIB technology from DuPont in 1976 and continuously improved upon the technology. The engineers responsible for NIB ONE® realized the advantages the NIB nickel-boron plating system offers firearm, adventure, and defense communities and in 2016 Legal Manufacturing, LLC was established. Legal Manufacturing, LLC continues to manufacture and innovate NIB ONE® in a new, state of the art facility located in Ringgold, Georgia.
NIB DARK® & NIB BATTLEWORN®
Born from NIB ONE®, NIB DARK® and NIB BATTLEWORN® are the newest NIB nickel boron products crafted by Legal Manufacturing, LLC. Our patent pending process offer darker tints as compared to our NIB ONE® highlighting the unique geometries in finished metal products. Steel, titanium, and aluminum can now have the superior properties of NIB nickel-boron plating in a distinctive battle-worn appearance. NIB treatment is not a paint, but a true metal finish that is highly resistant to chipping or scratching. Our NIB BATTLEWORN® process is particularly well suited to AR-style upper receivers, lowers, rails, as well as edged products. Additionally, the NIB process does not add any significant dimensional change to the plated material.
NIB BATTLEWORN® GLOCK® 19
Legal Manufacturing’s Patent Pending NIB Process
All three of our NIB nickel boron products are ideal for depositing a very smooth and uniform plating barrier on complex configurations of parts. The plating is baked after application to increase the hardness to over 70 Rockwell hardness and produce a surface enhancement that is superior to competing plating systems. Other advantages of our NIB system include the following:
- HARDNESS: 70+HRc (1076+ HV)
- LUBRICITY: Low static coefficient of friction without lubrication
- More than 2x the wear resistance of hard chrome; NIB will outlast the life of the part in most cases
- Extremely ductile plating, NIB does not crack and chip like hard chrome
- Temperature resistant to 1100°F
- 4x the wear resistance of electroless nickel phosphorus
- Plating thickness range: 0.0003 to 0.010 inch
- Excellent adhesion to most alloys including titanium and aluminum.
- Improved impact resistance
- Best performance is achieved when mating components are plated with NIB
- Plated parts can run lubrication free, reducing the cleaning, care, and maintenance without sacrificing reliability
- All final thickness measured with XRF instrumentation technology